Requires a valid Commercial Driver’s License, Class A (CDL).
-Operate a Horizontal Directional Drill
- May drive equipment to job site
- Drill out following the predetermined drill path to the exit pit
- Communicate with team to confirm the location of the drill head
- Conduct post-job quality checks
- Clean, check fluid levels and conduct a visual inspection of vehicle/ equipment to assure your vehicle/equipment is performing at optimum safety, perform the required pre-trip, post trip inspections and the required paperwork, perform needed maintenance including winterizing equipment.
- Communicates with Supervisor daily to turn in required paperwork (i.e. Dailies, labor hours, bore logs, vehicle maintenance reports, etc.)
- Follows specifications for the job and company policies
- Complies with safety procedures while driving and at job site
- Strive for optimal production while working safely and performing quality work
- At end of work day, truck and equipment should be returned to shop and secured. Vehicles and equipment to be kept clean and secured.
- 1 to 3 years demonstrated Horizontal Directional Drilling experience
- Strong knowledge of underground utilities
- Knowledge of underground pot holing is a plus
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations (Vehicle and Operator Qualifications)
- Understanding of client and company work specifications
- Ability to comply with the “Operator’s Manual” for your particular equipment
- Self-motivated, safety, quality and production minded
- Ability to read and comprehend and follow all quality/safety policies and procedures.